Monday, May 21, 2018

Project API Error "Project: '&PROJECT'Organization is invalid." (PA_INVALID_ORG_AMG)


I was trying to create a project using "pa_project_pub.create_project" and I got the above error. I searched for message code for the above message and found following message code


PA_INVALID_ORG_AMG


Then I search dba_source to see what validation package is generating the above message. I could not find any oracle code that was using this message. I knew that oracle project changes message code for some unknown reason. so I searched for PA_INVALID_ORG and fortunately I found few instances where message was 'PA_INVALID_ORG'.


select * from dba_source where text like '%PA_INVALID_ORG%'; --'%PA_INVALID_ORG_AMG%';



So I looked at pa_project_pub. API was validating carrying_out_organization_id using pa_project_pvt.check_valid_org. Carrying out organization had become invalid due to some setup changes. Validation performed is to check existence in table pa_all_organization and inactive_date equal to null.


No comments:

Post a Comment